Select Menu

Ads

Random Posts

All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Design

Technology

Circle Gallery

Featured Post

Xnyaundi blog: HOW BIDCO MANAGED TO WIPE OFF UNILEVER FROM THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY

Xnyaundi blog: HOW BIDCO MANAGED TO WIPE OFF UNILEVER FROM THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY

Shooting

Racing

News

Bottom

» »Unlabelled » OCTOPIZZO REJECTS THE BINGWA MUSIC AWARD



Octopizzo has declined to take home his Comeback Artiste of the Year Bingwa Music award saying it is an insult to his work
HIPHOP SINGER OCTOPIZZO
Kenyan rapper Octopizzo has declined to take home his Comeback Artiste of the Year Bingwa Music award saying it is an insult to the name he has made for himself over the years. Bingwa Music Awards gala was held on Friday, January 29 at the Prestige Plaza in Nairobi.

After winning in his category, Octopizzo expressed his disappointment with the event organizers, saying they did not conduct a thorough research on his repertoire.

Thanks for #BingwaAwards for the Award last night (Friday, January 29), unfortunately I
wont take the award of Comeback Artiste Of The Year I never went anywhere, Ive been here since my 1st hit single On Top, I put in more work than any artist of my genre, unless you are awarding me for coming back from my Europe tour then it doesnt make sense, wrote the Ivo Ivo star on Facebook.

Octo also expressed his dissatisfaction with the criteria artistes are nominated for awards
in Kenya.I never understand awards in this country, Id rather you acknowledge & respect my work
than award me & nominating me for acomeback Award which was such a joke, he stated.
The Hip hop bigwig even had a suggestion of the personality that he wishes his award be given to. He said: So if you dont mind please give my award to Wahu who was in the same category.Next time you nominate me please make sure you do a background check of my catalogue; The quality of Hip hop music when it comes to audio & video that Ive brought to this industry since I stepped in. You cant compare to anynot even close, all in all I wish you the best and congrats to the winners last night, & we
still have a long way to go as far as awards are concerned, he concluded.

About Unknown

Nyaundi is an investigative blogger and Political Commentator who has an interest in all things controversial. contact nyaundilewis@gmail.com .
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments

Leave a Reply